Elite Sports Psychology (ESP) is owned and operated by Dr. Jason Scott Hamilton. Dr. Hamilton is a Sports Psychologist specializing in the mental conditioning and performance improvement for Elite athletes. ESP seeks to increase the profitability of athletes, sports franchises and organizations.
ESP became an LLC in 2008. After obtaining his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology in 2003, Dr. Hamilton decided to specialize in a field he loves, Sports Psychology. He completed the required additional classes and licensure requirements to be a professional member of the Governing Body of Sports Psychologists, the Association of Applied Sports Psychologist (AASP). AASP is an international, multidisciplinary, professional organization that offers certification to qualified professionals in the field of sport, exercise, and health psychology.
Sports psychology is a branch of psychology. It is the study of the psychological factors that affect participation and performance in sports. It is also a specialization within the brain psychology and Kinesiology that seeks to understand psychological/mental factors that affect performance in sports and apply these to enhance individual and team performance. ESP helps to increase performance by managing emotions and minimizing the psychological effects of injury and poor performance.
ESP works with individual athletes, teams, coaches and management onsite or via Skype. Treatment is tailored to meet the specific needs of the athlete, team and coaching/management staff, based on comprehensive evaluation. In addition to working with athletes, ESP offers high performance workshops for organizations. Successful business can be just as competitive as sports and the training and lessons of sports psychology can also apply to employee performance. Services include:
For Teams and Athletes:
Sports Psychology Evaluations and Feedback Mental Skills Training Team Presentations and Workshops Team-building Strategies and Exercises
For Corporations and Business Leaders:
Executive and Organizational Evaluations and Feedback Executive, Management and Organizational Consultation Corporate Speaking and Workshops Team-building Strategies and Exercises Improved Performance for Sales Teams and Leaders Nonprofit Leadership Evaluations and Funding Advisory Services
Sports Psychology is not new to athletes, however it has become more widely accepted and respected in recent years. In the past 10 years Dr. Hamilton has also worked in the area of academia and research, he was the Director of Research of the McNair Program at a Florida State University and the Associate Dean in the College of Medicine at the same Florida State University. Dr. Hamilton has helped several teams to dominate and win their respective divisions and competition. In the USA, Dr. Hamilton worked for many years with several school teams and was the Sports Psychologist for a NCAA State University team. He recently assisted a soccer team to dominate their division for seven consecutive years. The manager of the team commented that "the team never won the championship in any year that Dr. Hamilton was not involved with the team". Dr. Hamilton also recently assisted a female athlete to overcome anxiety and fear, which resulted in nosebleeds, to be the first Cuban American female to make the USA National team in synchronized swimming.
In the Caribbean island of Jamaica, Dr. Hamilton was publicly recognized for helping the Harbour View Premier League Football team for the 2013 season to become the champions again as they did in the 2000, 2007 and 2010 seasons. Currently he has had the opportunity to work and travel with the World Champions of T/20 cricket the West Indies Cricket Senior Team and his services are requested throughout the Caribbean. He has a unique style of communicating and relating to athletes which has been well received and has brought forth new and exciting opportunities.
One of the services that ESP provides that stands out amongst others in the psychology field is Dr. Hamilton’s ability to work on-site with the athletes and travel to competitions and other events. His availability is an asset when working with teams and individuals who travel worldwide for major competitions. These are the times when the athletes need mental training in order to succeed. The future of ESP is bright and the goal is to bring Sports Psychology to the forefront and eliminate the stigma attached to mental training. In all sports and with all elite athletes, 90% of their performance is mental and the other 10% is ability. So if you are able to better the mental aspects of your game, the rest will fall into place. In team sports the team’s success is your success and in individual sports your mental success will result in your individual success.
Thank you for stopping by and good luck utilizing all the benefits of counseling services and sports psychology! Call ESP today at 786-226-5115 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org